Our next meeting is November 2 at Colony Cottage Recreation Center, going green at 7 p.m.
Our guest speaker is Monster Jam driver Todd Morey from Wauchula, Fla. Todd has an extensive background in motorsports as a competitor and an announcer.
Morey's behind-the-wheel resume includes racing on both dirt and asphalt in everything from Karts to Late Models.
Todd has worked on the microphone in a variety of venues, including his time as a NASCAR Track Announcer at Charlotte Motor Speedway and Atlanta Motor Speedway. He has also been heard on the ARCA Radio Network and as a Speed 51 radio announcer.
But Todd's love for being in the action and behind the wheel has taken the lead as he drives Iron Outlaw in Monster Jam competition for the 2Xtreme Racing Team.
Club meetings are open to all Villages residents – owners and renters – with appropriate Villages ID.
TALLADEGA – This could be the most exciting elimination race of the Chase. Will team orders play a role in the outcome?
Five, down, five to go in our Chase Segment. The intensity - and the need for wins - is ramping up for many predictors.
- Harry Scheiblin 2 wins, 173 points Chase Elliott: Many a racer got their first win at Dega. Chase is going to get the win he needs to move to the next round.
- Darren Ivey 2 wins, 160 points Chase Elliott: Penske drivers will take each other out. Chase will get a late race push from JJ and go on to win.
- Carol Angiolo 1 win, 173 points Brad Keselowski: Brad needs a win at Talladega to move into the round of eight. Top five just isn’t good enough anymore. Win and you are in.
- Dan Gammon 1 win, 167 points Brad Keselowski: He is in a must win situation. He has won at Talladega four times. He will survive the Big One and take the checkered flag.
- Steph Allen 1 win, 161 points Kyle Busch: Kyle does really well on the restrictor plate tracks. He will take the flag at Talladega!
- Renetta Thompson 0 wins, 182 points Matt Kenseth: Tough to pick who will be the lucky driver win. For sure, the race to watch for the crazy stuff that will happen.
Click on the PREDICTION ROW tab at the top of this page so you can keep up with the competition from race to race. And check the notes at the bottom of the page for an explanation of scoring.
We all know that golf carts are a large part of our lifestyle in The Villages.
We have a unique opportunity to tour the plant where The Villages Golf Cars prepares carts for sale. The plant is located on 700 Duck Lake Rd., Lady Lake - west off Rolling Acres Rd. at the Daily Sun plant.
Tours will be held on the following dates: Oct. 18 and 25, and Nov. 8 and 15. They will begin at 9:30 a.m. and will last 60-90 minutes.
If you are interested in reserving a spot in a tour, please contact Tina Ivey, 352-552-8714. The tours are open to club members.
Our October 2016 meeting was special because we officially celebrated our club's Tenth Anniversary.
We kicked off our year-long celebration at our February meeting, where Mike Anderson began taking us on a monthly trip down Memory Lane from 2006 through 2016. He presented pictures and memories of many club activities at each meeting.
The fun culminated on Oct. 5 at a special club meeting. The room was decorated in a festive mood, cake and punch were served, and there were special presentations commemorating this significant accomplishment. Ten charter members were recognized for their service and dedication.
Click Here for pictures from this special night.
Click Here for slides that were shown during the meeting.
Click Here for a reprint of The Villages Daily Sun article written by our good friend Larry Croom.
Finally, Click Here for an article at Villages-News.com